Powered by Piwigo
Logo
136/144
Aberdeen | Castlegate with Mercat Cross
thumb

View of Aberdeen's most central square with the Salvation Army Citadel in the right background. The Mercat Cross appearing in the right centre of the photograph was erected in 1686. It once reflected the right of the city to hold regular markets or fairs. The grey colour of the buildings is due to the granite commonly used as construction material.