Powered by Piwigo
Logo
35/144
Praha | Vltava with Karlův most
WI_cz232.jpg Praha | Karlův most with Malá StranaThumbnailsKøbenhavn | Den Engelske Kirke and Kastellet

Late afternoon view from the Petřín Lookout Tower in NE direction. Connecting Malá Strana (Lesser Side) in the foreground and the Old Town (Staré Město) of Prague in the background, the Charles Bridge was the only fixed crossing of the Vltava river from its completion in 1402 until the mid 19th Century. Originally known as Kamenný most (Stone Bridge) or Pražský most (Prague Bridge), it was renamed to Karlův most only in 1870.

Created
Saturday 30 October 2021 by Martin Mergili in Europe / Czech Republic and Slovakia (1244 visits)