519/1606

The World in Images

Logo

Praha | Vltava with Karlův most

WI_cz232.jpg

Late afternoon view from the Petřín Lookout Tower in NE direction. Connecting Malá Strana (Lesser Side) in the foreground and the Old Town (Staré Město) of Prague in the background, the Charles Bridge was the only fixed crossing of the Vltava river from its completion in 1402 until the mid 19th Century. Originally known as Kamenný most (Stone Bridge) or Pražský most (Prague Bridge), it was renamed to Karlův most only in 1870.

Location
View on OpenStreetMap
Created
on Saturday 30 October 2021 by Martin Mergili
Visits and license
2223 visits, CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 DEED license