9329/11144

The World in Images

Logo

La Grande Chaloupe | Chemin des Anglais

WI_re046.jpg

This ancient footpath has been paved by basaltic rocks since 1775. In earlier days it was an important connection between Saint-Denis and the western and southern coasts of the island, avoiding the coastal cliffs. It now serves as a popular hiking path crossing some of the drier parts of the island.

Location
View on OpenStreetMap
Created
on Saturday 10 September 2016 by Martin Mergili
Visits and license
3627 visits, CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 DEED license