217/426

The World in Images

Logo

München | Marienplatz with New and Old Town Hall

WI_ge002_504.jpg

View from the S tower of the Munich Cathedral (Frauenkirche) down to the Marienplatz, the very central square of the Bavarian capital city. It is dominated by the neo-gothic building of the New Town Hall, constructed between 1867 and 1906 in three stages and including a 96 m high tower. The city administration moved into the New Town Hall in 1874, when the building took over the function of the Old Town Hall, which can be seen in the central background of the photo.

Location
View on OpenStreetMap
Created
on Sunday 27 March 2022 by Martin Mergili
Region
Visits and license
2893 visits, CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 DEED license